The Anesthesia Training Program at MedStar Georgetown University Hospitals a unique one. We are a comfortably sized (32 residents: PGY-1/CBY: 8, CA-1: 8, CA-2: 8, CA-3: 8) Categorical residency-training program with a surplus of teaching cases in three major teaching hospitals.
Daily Formal Teaching Conferences
- Every weekday morning from 6:30-7:00 AM
- Sessions conducted by faculty
- Planned and scheduled well in advance
GUH - 1:2 attending to resident coverage during daytime hours.
GUH - 2 attending anesthesiologists in-house overnight and weekends
WHC - 3 attending anesthesiologists in-house overnight and weekends
CNMC- 1 attending anesthesiologist in-house overnight and weekends
- 2,000 open-heart procedures/year (WHC)
- Adult and pediatric liver and small bowel transplants (GUH)
- Level 1 trauma center and acute burn unit (WHC)
- 3,000 OB cases/year (GUH and WHC)
- Acute, Chronic and Cancer Pain Center (GUH)
- Epilepsy surgery center (GUH)
- Basic and advanced pediatric cases (CNMC)
- Large critical care unit with 24/7 attending coverage (GUH)
- Active pediatric surgical service (GUH)
- CA-3 regional anesthesia rotations (GUH and WHC)
- Located on historic Georgetown University campus
- Washington is a unique and international city
- Georgetown University Hospital is a part of MedStar Health, which is the Largest healthcare system in Baltimore/Washington DC
- $3,000 for books, supplies, meetings.
- Full Department sponsorship when presenting at national meetings (independent of $5,000 book fund money)
- ASA, DCSA, IARS memberships, ACE program, AKT and In-Training exams funded by Department
- Free parking
- Competitive House Staff Salaries
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, life, disability, etc).