Spring 2016 News
Match Day 2016 Results
Congratulations to all the Georgetown medical students applying to Anesthesia this year. We are excited to announce the newest additions to our residency who will be starting with us this June through our categorical program. We look forward to welcoming our first class of PGY-1 Clinical Base residents!
- Camille Cross – University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Brent Earls – University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Megan Lee – West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Benjamin Longwell – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Aristides (Steve) Michos – University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Brian Nevitt – Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Justine Summers – Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Stephen Yang – Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Sudha Ved, Dr. Kuntal Jivan, and Dr. Kasra Razmjou represented Georgetown at the annual Society for Pediatric Anesthesia conference in located in Colorado Springs, Colorado this year. Dr. Razmjou presented a Problem Based Learning Discussion focused on “An
Dr. Jeremy Epstein, Dr. Patrick Laughlin, and Dr. Brent Yeung participated in this year’s American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. Dr. Patrick Laughlin presented two case reports:1. Borderline Thrombocytopenia & Neuraxial Anesthesia: A Case Report; 2. Regional Anesthesia: The Importance of the Education Component.
Resident of the Quarter
Congratulations to Dr. Jessica Ivey, the Resident of the Quarter (ROQ) for January – March 2016! Dr. Sudha Ved nominated Dr. Ivey “for her exceptional care in taking care of a very difficult intubation scenario and a very difficult uncooperative Down’s syndrome patient. She had prepared well for the case knowing the previous difficulties with the patient. She had even looked up where the IV had been placed the last time and expeditiously started the IV right away in the same site, knowing the patient had difficult IV access. In
2016-2017 Chief Residents
Congratulations to the new Chief Residents for 2016-17: Dr. Jennifer Pukish and Dr. Kasra Razmjou!
The CA-2 residents were excited to see each other at the April Mind Body Wellness meeting hosted by Dr. Kumu Hendrix and Ms. Nancy Harazduk (not pictured)